How do I reset my FTP details?
To reset your FTP account details please follow these steps:
1. Go to www.easily.co.uk
2. In the top right corner please click on the “My Account” button. If you’ve misplaced your My Account login details, please see Forgotten login.
3. Click (D) “Administer My Domain Names”
4. Click (W) “Administer Website/Hosting” next to the relevant domain
5. Click “Reset Password”
6. An email, with the new FTP password, will be sent to the contact email address for your account
How do I point my domain name to my webspace?
You can point your domain name at hosting space using the steps below
1. Login to the my account area on the Easily website
2. Click “Administer My Domain Names”
3. Click (W) “Administer Website/Hosting” next to the relevant domain
4. You will be presented with your domain name and a drop down box below.
5. Select “Linux Hosting/Windows hosting**” from the drop box
6. Click “Change”
How do I request mysql/msssql database login details?
The database login details would have been sent to you when you purchased the hosting service from us. If you have lost these details or require a reminder please send us a support request or send us a email to email@example.com and we can get the details sent out to you.
How do I renew my hosting?
How do I install wordpress/joomla/drupal?
We have 1 click installs available for wordpress, joomla and drupal available to customers with Linux hosting. They can be accessed via instructions below.
1. Login to My Account on the easily website.
2. Click “Administer My Domain Names”
3. Click “Administer Website/Hosting” next to the relevant domain
4. You will then see the options for the 1 click installs at the bottom of the page.
Where to check my web stats?
To access your web statistics, go to My Account and click on D to administer your domain names. Click on the W to the right of the domain name that you wish to view the stats for and then click on the “Show webstats” button. You will need to enter your FTP username and password to access your statistics.
For an explanation of hits, files etc see http://www.webalizer.com/webalizer_help.html
If you are having difficultly accessing your website statistics, please try the following steps:
Where to check my hosting web space usage?
How to access database/phpmyadmin?
To access the phpmyadmin area for your MySQL database please follow the steps below
- Open a new tab in your web browser
- Put the MySQl server name in the browser. e.g mysqlxxx.db.easily.co.uk
- You will then be prompted with a Login box. Please enter your MySQL username and password
- You will now be logged into the PHP Myadmin area.
- If you do not have your MySQL details, or require a reminder please send us a support request from your easily account, or send us a email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can get the details sent out to you.
What is MYSQL?
MySQL is a freely available open source Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) that uses Structured Query Language (SQL). SQL is the most popular language for adding, accessing and managing content in a database. It is most noted for its quick processing, proven reliability, ease and flexibility of use.
What is MSSQL?
It is a relational web hosting database that is used to store web site information like blog posts or user information. MS SQL is the most popular type of database on Windows servers. It is not free but it has many advanced features that make it suitable for businesses.
What is web hosting?
Web hosting is the service providing space on the internet for websites.
When you make a website and want other people to see it, you will need to publish (or upload) it with a web hosting service.
Web hosting services work by storing your website files in high-powered computers (web servers) connected to a very fast network. When someone types in your web address (www.easily.co.uk), the Internet connects to the web server holding your website files and then transfers your website information back to their computer. From there they can surf and view the pages of your website.